I found this picture with a bunch of quotes found under it on Insta.
The success you see others experiencing is rarely as sexy as it appears to be
Repost: @tiabhuva : I came across this post on Reddit – initially written by @james_clear .
1. People naturally want to share the most photogenic version of their life and seldom discuss the process behind the scenes.
2. The results of success are usually public and highly visible, but the process behind success is often private and hidden from view.
3. The deception of success is greater now than ever before because social media curates the best, happiest and biggest moments to show us.
4. When your screen is filled with examples of the strongest, richest, and smartest, it’s easy to overvalue the outcome & undervalue the process.
5. You start to think there are people out there who have somehow “hacked life” such that there are only rewards and no consequences.
6. You can’t cherry-pick your favourite parts of a lifestyle. When you choose the benefits of an action, you also choose the drawbacks.
7. The great trick of success is that to actually achieve it you have to want the public rewards and the hidden costs.
8. If you’re not willing to 100 percent swap with who that person is, then there is no point in being jealous.
9. Maybe jealousy and envy would fade if we knew the full story behind success. Maybe we would be less likely to put people on a pedestal.
Leave a Reply